We are looking forward to working with you to develop your coaching skills at HVCCC.
The next steps to prepare for the program are detailed on this page.
How to prepare for your course
You might like to watch these introduction videos if you are curious about the workshop content. They will also be a great refresher that you can come back to at anytime.
- Watch the video: Introduction to coaching at HVCCC by Pat Cooper [4:54mins]
- Watch the video: What’s the difference between coaching and other techniques? [5:34mins]
- Watch the video: When to coach? When not to coach? [5:38mins]
- Watch the video: Introduction to the GROW Model [4:50mins]
- Watch the video: Above the line and Reframing [4:55mins]
- Watch the video: Every-day coaching – the 5 Levels [4:24mins]
- Read: The Leader as Coach published by Harvard Business Review
- Prior to Day 2, complete your MBTI profile and have a read (see instructions below)
Please feel free to download a copy of the Agenda.
At this link you will find a handout that includes all the tools we will be covering across the two sessions.
You might like to laminate these pages so you can carry them around with you and practice your coaching tools.
We will be referring to these pages during the session.
Watch the videos
Introduction to Coaching by Pat Cooper
What’s the difference between coaching and other techniques?
When to coach? When not to coach?
Introduction to the GROW Model
Above the line and Reframing
Every-day coaching – the 5 Levels
The Leader as Coach published by Harvard Business Review
As part of your course you have been invited to complete a MBTI personality profile. We are using the profile to understand how to coach people with different personality types in the workplace. It also builds our own self awareness about how we communicate.
To complete your profile:
- Click on this link: https://psychtesting.acer.edu.au/open-door-coaching/invite
- Enter the registration Code: Personality Profile
- Click Log in.
You will then be asked to enter your details to continue with the report. Please complete this in one sitting.
When the profile is completed an electronic copy of your results will be sent to you in an email
Need help? Got a question?
Give us a call on 1300 006 324 or use the live chat in the bottom right corner of this page.