Understand when to coach, when not to across a range of people and situations
In general, this course is ideal if you are ticking any of these boxes:
- Looking to coach for high performance in your workplace;
- Needing better productivity and accountability from your team;
- Already coaching in the workplace. Furthermore people tell you that you’re a great coach.
- Consequently you want to formalise your skills.
- An experienced consultant or coach. Despite this need the recognition and qualification on your resume.
- A Coach who wants to upgrade existing qualifications. Alternatively upgrade ‘certificates’ you already have achieved. To a formal government accredited qualification.
- Keen to to start your own coaching business.
- Wanting to explore coaching for personal or career advancement purposes.
- You are an L&D or HR practitioner or leader. Particularly leading coaching in the workplace. Subsequently wanting a straight forward, cost effective solution to train people.
Units of Competency
For a comprehensive overview of the topics covered in the Certificate IV, download our course brochure below.
In summary, the program compromises 8 units:
- Develop self-awareness, responsibility and accountability in the workplace (NAT10834001)
- Develop rapport with individuals and teams in the workplace (NAT10834002)
- Coach individuals and teams in the workplace (NAT10834003)
- Apply coaching models to workplace scenarios (NAT10834004)
- Facilitate individual and team’s vision, values and behaviours in the workplace (NAT10834005)
- Lead effective workplace relationships (BSBLDR413)
- Demonstrate leadership in the workplace (BSBMGT411)
- Lead and facilitate a team (BSBXTW401)
The course is designed to accommodate corporate and professional people.
Busy people with demands of the workplace and time pressures. Accordingly, everything we do is mindful of an appropriate work/life balance. Consequently, assessments that you need to complete are practical. Moreover, all tools can be applied in your workplace immediately. Assessments include:
- Practical coaching
- Attend live training (if applicable) or listen to online webinars
- Completing workbooks and reading
- Live coaching demonstrations
- Undertaking an MBTI profile for your own self awareness
- A practical coaching assignment.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR CERTIFICATE IV IN WORKPLACE AND BUSINESS COACHING (10834NAT)
ADDED VALUE TO ENSURE YOUR SUCCESS
Upon completion you will achieve the nationally accredited Certificate IV in Workplace and Business Coaching (10834NAT). Indeed, our qualifications were Australia’s first Government accredited programs. That is, specifically providing workplace and business coaching skills in the workplace.
As a Registered Training Organisation (21858), Open Door will issue your qualification. We are committed to ensuring you receive the highest quality coach training.
The Certificate IV is recognised as an International Coach Federation Level 1 accredited program. As such, it is aligned with the ICF Core Competency Framework. Completion of the program enables to you go on and gain an ICF Credential. More information about ICF credentials can be found here.
Please note: we have been alerted to the fact that other organisations are advertising Level 1 coaching programs.
In order for you to make an informed decision about your coach training, may we just suggest that you ask the organisation the specific questions: are they are Registered Training Organisation or do they partner with an RTO? And is the program an approved ICF Level 1 accredited program or do you need to do additional training to achieve this?
For successful completion and accreditation, you need to achieve competency the units above. Alternatively, by providing evidence and documentation that reflects your previous achievements.
Consequently, if you have skills and experience, recognition of this learning is also possible.
To discuss our RPL process call us on 1300 006 324.
Importantly, you can also receive direct credits if you have already achieved the stated units of competency.
How long will the course take? Furthermore, how many hours a week will I need?
Your enrolment fee includes 6 months of access to the materials and support to achieve your qualification. With this in mind, extensions are available at a fee of $60.00 per month. Furthermore, students tell us they allow 2-3 hours a week, over the six months. This is a realistic time frame for completion. Of course, everyone is different.
Is Open Door a Registered Training Organisation?
Importantly, we are an RTO and our Provider Number is 21858. Refer to Training.gov.au for more information.
What about government funding availability?
Government funding may be available for you to complete the course. Give us a call to discuss on 1300 00 6324.
Are there any payment plans available?
Furthermore, payment plans are available. Give us a call to discuss on 1300 006 324.
I am an experienced coach. Can I get recognition for my skills?
Importantly, we offer full Recognition of Prior Learning options. In short, to have your skills recognised. With this in mind, we highly recommend a conversation with us, to determine your likelihood of gaining RPL. Give us a call on 1300 006 324.
Do I have to be working? Or managing a team?
Ideally you have access to a team or people around that you can coach. This provides you with all the practical experience that you need. In addition, the motivation to keep going with your studies.
Maybe there is a group of people at work that can do the on-line program together? You can talk to us more about that.
Alternatively, if you don’t have a team or a formal ‘workplace’ you can still tap into the Open Door community. For example, the Alumni of coaches who are always willing to ‘coach’ or ‘be coached’.