MHFA courses are evidence based and go through a process of continuous evaluation.
Why is mental health awareness important?
Without a doubt mental health in workplace is an important topic. In fact, 1 in 5 Australians experience a mental illness of some kind every year. For this reason, we are likely to be working with clients or colleagues who are experiencing a mental health issue.
As coaches, we are 100% focussed on our client’s goals. Clearly, helping them achieve as much as they can. We want them to be successful and in a workplace setting. Furthermore, we want them to be engaged and productive.
How to equip yourself
For this reason, equipping ourselves with Mental Health First Aid skills is essential. These skills allow us to open up a valuable conversation when we feel someone may be experiencing a mental health issue. Importantly, we have proven approach to do so.
Why should all coaches complete a Mental Health First Aid course?
- As coaches we are in an excellent position to assist someone experiencing a mental health issue.
- It’s our job to understand boundaries. Including when we should provide other forms of support for our client or team members, including Mental Health First Aid.
- In addition to this, we work in high rapport with our clients. Therefore we are likely able to notice signs that may indicate our client is experiencing a mental health concern. Consequently, take steps to support that person.
- Just as when we feel a client might benefit from mentoring or another form of assistance. You need to be able to consciously choose the best way to support the client. Such as confidently taking appropriate steps to offer an alternative form of support for the client.
- Especially since an unaddressed mental health issue can have a significant effect on a person. Including, their ability to perform at their best in the workplace.
- Consequently by taking steps early to encourage the person to get support, we are encouraging their effective and speedy recovery. In addition to their return to their usual levels of productivity.
The course is designed and delivered under licence from Mental Health First Aid Australia. You will receive your accreditation from Mental Health First Aid Australia.
We can also deliver the Mental Health First Aid program and refresher training for in-house groups (via ZOOM or in-person).
Book a complementary discussion to understand how the course can help you achieve your goals. Alternatively call us on 1300 006 324.