Why do we focus on Strengths-based coaching?
Strengths-based coaching has been proven to enable an uplift in performance. In addition, a decrease in ‘quiet quitting’ and dis-engagement.
Therefore, at Open Door, we use the Strengthscope tools with our clients to enable high performance in individuals and teams.
The profiles focus on helping individuals build awareness and confidence in their strengths. In addition, providing powerful insights around risks to performance associated with weaker areas (or non-strengths). As a result, helping leaders and employees optimise their strengths and identify strategies to deal with performance risks has a number of benefits. Including: improved effectiveness, confidence, engagement, agility and well-being.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE FOCUS ON STRENGTHS?
How to increase engagement?
So much of what we do in performance management is focussed on what can be improved and what needs to be done better. In other words, the things that aren’t going right or weaknesses.
However, by shifting our focus to peoples strengths using strengths-based coaching, we see an increase in engagement and performance. In addition the research shows people feel more positive and motivated in their work.
Increase in engagement
Employee performance increase
Felt more positive & solutions oriented
Employee performance is on average 36% higher when line managers focus their appraisals on staffs’ strengths and talents.
Here’s a short video about how the strengths-based coaching approach to people management drives positive cultures and peak performance.
USED BY LEADING COMPANIES AROUND THE WORLD
Open Door used the Strengthscope tools for many years for strengths-based coaching. In particular, Strengthscope is:
- The most extensive strengths profiling system on the market
- Furthermore, the only strengths profiling system with a multi-rater feature enabling co-workers to provide feedback in minutes
- In addition, simple to administer, understand and apply
- Complete with wide range of tools and insights to embed learning
- Proven in terms of reliability and validity
The Strengthscope® system comprises 5 different online profiling modules all designed to help individuals and organisations achieve success through strengths.
Open Door uses Strengthscope® Standard for our strengths-based coaching. The report is designed for individual development and performance improvement and shows:
- The person’s significant strengths or underlying qualities which most energise them
- Furthermore, their potential weaker areas and overdone/overused strengths
- In addition how effectively the person feels they are able to use their strengths at work
- Coaching questions and tips on how to use their strengths more effectively
Other profiles include:
- Strengthscope360™ – expands on the standard report by enabling co-workers to provide input on how effectively the person is using their strengths and recommendations for improvement
- StrengthscopeTeam™ – for a wide range of team development applications
- Strengths Engagement Index™ – for measuring the return on investment of strengths-based programmes
- StrengthscopeLeader™ – for developing effective leaders/ managers and succession planning