Welcome to the Certificate IV in Workplace and Business Coaching Program 10834NAT
It is my pleasure to welcome you to your course.
In completing the Program you will achieve the government accredited qualification: Certificate in Workplace and Business Coaching 10834NAT.
Below is useful information regarding details of the course and preparation that we recommend for the course.
On behalf of the Open Door team we look forward to assisting you to achieve your qualification and goals throughout the program.
CEO Open Door Coaching
Below you will find information relating to your program.
By accessing these resources, you acknowledge that the resources are for your use only and are not to be shared. If you would like your team to have access to the resources, please go ahead and purchase a seat for them on the course or talk to us about a discounted offer for teams.
Please download the enrolment form and send back to email@example.com. Once we receive your enrolment form, you will receive access to the online learning portal and you can start your program at any time.
Please feel free to download a copy of the Student Handbook for your reference.
Once we have completed your enrolment, you will receive an email with your user ID and password to log onto the Open Door learning portal. This is where you will find learning resources including workbooks, webinars with content and this is where you will upload your workbooks for assessment.
Take a moment to check your email and log onto the portal using the following link: https://learn.opendoorcoaching.com.au/
Please watch the following video to learn how to navigate around your learning portal.
As part of your course you have been invited to complete a MBTI personality profile.
To complete your profile:
- Click on this link: https://psychtesting.acer.edu.au/open-door-coaching/invite
- Enter the registration Code: Personality Profile
- Click Log in.
You will then be asked to enter your details to continue with the report. Please complete this in one sitting.
If you do log out and then forget your login details, please DO NOT register again. Please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org
When the profile is completed an electronic copy of your report will be sent to you in an email. Please bring a copy along to your program.
At this link you will find a handout that includes all the tools we will be covering across the program.
You will receive a package containing these pages laminated so you can carry them around with you and practice your coaching tools.
Click on the links above to find information on how you can prepare for your course.
After we receive your enrolment form, you will receive an email with your user name and password details to access the Open Door Coaching online system.
In the online system you will find all the workbooks for the Program, pre-recorded webinars and other useful information.
- You will receive access to our online system (see information below). Once you have access to the system you can:
- Review the Module “Introducing Open Door Online” including watching the webinar on Navigating around the Open Door Online portal and About your Assessments in Module 0.
- Start working on Module 0 – this is a personal reflection module that requires some deeper thinking so we don’t expect for you to necessarily complete it straight away.
- Start to read Bring Out Their Best – Inspiring a Coaching Culture in your Workplace by Natalie Ashdown. (this will be posted out to you upon enrolment)
Find a volunteer who you can coach for 4 coaching sessions as part of your coaching assignment.
Start thinking about any goals that you would like to focus on throughout the program.
- Watch the video: What’s the difference between coaching and other techniques? [5:34mins]
- Watch the video: When to coach? When not to coach? [5:37mins]
- Watch the video: Introduction to the GROW Model [5:38mins]
- Watch the video: Above the line and Reframing [4:55mins]
- Watch the video: Every-day coaching – the 5 Levels
- Read: The Leader as Coach published by Harvard Business Review